Saturday, September 22, 2007

SUNDRIED TOMATO CAFE

My cousin had her birthday dinner there last night, and I was not impressed. I don't know if it was the 2.5 hours drive (rush hour) from LA to LB that might have had some influence...and the last thing I wanted was to be cramed into a table; we were squished (I was tucking my elbows in the whole time).

I had ordered the three cheese pasta (I didn't see the 4 cheese pasta on the menu...) and was extremly disappointed. The bowties tasted like regular pasta from the store. The cheeses (blue, chedder and maybe swiss?) were piled on top of the pasta...I kinda like my cheeses piled up for a salad, but for pasta, it should be mixed already, no? My cheese pasta tastes better (trader joe's bowtie, spicy jack cheese, chicken, and sundried tomoto --try it!). Their spring rolls are more like eggrolls...(it's really annoying when people don't know the difference between eggrolls and spring rolls). Nonetheless, the "spring rolls" tasted better than the 3 cheese pasta.

If I had to say something positive about the restaurant, I would say that they do have good service.

Address: 361 Forest AveLaguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone#: (949) 494-3312
Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails