Friday, November 21, 2008

ASIA DE CUBA

It was a rough start but then it ended well.

I convinced my boss that we must help the economy and take advantage of Open Table's Stimulus plan. Asia De Cuba is a restaurant that I would always hear about but never tried so what better way to dine there on my boss' dime. We lucked out finding meter parking, so I don't know how much valet costs... The restaurant was pretty empty at 1:30pm...guess the special offer didn't really helped. It took a really long time for my boss to get his lemonade...maybe it was freshly squeezed by hand??? I was disappointed when I saw what was offered for the Stimulus plan. Instead of each person getting their own appetizer, entree, and dessert for $24, it was 2 guests choose 2 appetizers, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. If you wanted to get your own entree it was an additional $8. Furthermore, you only had a few options for each category. For appetizer, you could get the Black bean and Chickpea Dumplings

or the Spicy Lobster Roll (yeah...only 2 options). Luckily they were willing to substitute the Spicy Lobster Roll for the Spicy Tuna Roll,
which was good but I had better -at least it was better than the Black bean & Chickpea Dumplings. My entree, the Miso Cured Alaskan Butterfish w/ edamame salad was delicious!

My boss enjoyed his Marinated Crispy Tofu with Caribbean Vegetables.

The best part of the meal was the Cuban Opera dessert! OMG - I died and gone to heaven! It's a must if you go to Asia De Cuba.



Overall, the food was good and service got better. I can see why people love Asia De Cuba.

Address: 8440 W Sunset Boulevard West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone#: (323) 848-6000
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails