Monday, October 5, 2009

Mercuri's Baby Shower

Mercuri's Baby Shower
My colleagues had their baby shower the other day and the food display was just amazing that I had to write it up! They had hired another friend's brother (who happens to be my former colleague) to prepare the lunch food. Now, the "chef" was always bragging how his sister always wanted to him to cook for them and how an awesome cook he was, and I briefly sampled some of his food earlier this year at a Super bowl party and was extremely disappointed and still am. I have come to a conclusion that he is gifted at making food luck good but has no clue on how to make it taste good. It looks very impressive doesn't it?
Mercuri's Baby Shower
DSC08922
The salad had too much dressing. There's nothing worse than eating soaked salad...The grilled panini need to be melted more and I would have picked better ingredients where the taste pops out more. I don't now what he picked but overall the sandwiches were bland.
Mercuri's Baby Shower
The best food (non-dessert) were the store bought ready food: hummus and cheese. You can't go wrong at having cheese at your party!
Mercuri's Baby Shower
The desserts were the highlight at the event. They bought Vanilla Bake Shop's desserts! How cute!
Vanilla Bake Shop
DSC08921
Vanilla Bake Shop
Vanilla Bake Shop
Vanilla Bake Shop
I got a little of everything...
Vanilla Bake Shop
When I finished all my desserts, I didn't know who looked more pregnant - me or my friend?
I thought that the take home gifts was adorable! It was a cute baby shower, and Vanilla Bake Shop desserts are a must have!
DSC08916

Vanilla Bake Shop:
Address: 512 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone#: (310) 458-6644
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails