Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shake Shack

Shake Shake
The first time I saw a Shake Shack was a few years back near Union Square, and I thought to myself there is no way in hell I'm waiting in that long ass line. The line was ten times longer than for a Pink's hotdog. For those who are not familiar to Shake Shack, it is the "In-N-Out" of NYC. They are also famous for their milkshakes.

As I was coming out of the 86th subway stop, heading to the Met Museum to check out the Alexander McQueen exhibit, it stopped drizzling, the clouds disappeared, the sun came out, and the angels sung, "Shake Shack." Ok, not really but when I saw the line was short I felt the angels were looking after me.
Shake Shake
I went for a basic cheeseburger to compare it with the Angeleno’s favorite In-N-Out’s, and their talk about cheese fries. The wait time after you order your food is about the same as In-N-Out. Cost was a few bucks more. Seating more modern.
Shake Shack
I’ll admit it, I got giddy when I saw my burger. You don’t need to take a bite to know it’s good, and it was damn good.
Shake Shake
The patty was thicker and jucier. Yes, Shake Shake’s burger is better than In-N-Out’s…
Shake Shake
Now their cheese fries…
Shake Shake
were disappointing. Think Velveeta…which is not necessary a bad thing but I was hoping for more of a distinguish taste. The next time around I’ll know to order a milkshake instead, and of course, a cheeseburger.

Address: 154 E 86th St, New York, NY 10128
Phone: (646) 237-5035

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails